Sunday, October 21, 2007

Catching up...

Ok so in order to get this blog off to a good start I better catch it up to now...

On October 15th we got "the call" to anyone involved in adoption you know that feeling. It's the same feeling I had when I was eight years old and we got "the call" that my brother was born. Our social worker called us at 6:21pm...PM!!! I had been waiting all day (actually longer) for that call. Nate was at a CPR class...haha!! To make a long story short I called him, he came home.

We stared at Loudince's photo and got excited and get this... we even held his photo up between us and looked at our little family in the mirror....we are a *cute* family, let me tell ya.

We had a couple of cute boy names we liked but they just didn't fit little Loudince. So we started over it didn't take us long to decide Kobe fit him perfect and so that is how we named him Kobe Loudince.

We called people, we called the grandma's and grandpa's and everyone we could find numbers to. Then, we looked for more people to call. Finally, we didn't know who else to call so we went to bed.

On October 16th, we accepted our "referral." We sent off the paper work and made a little poster of photos of us to hang above his crib. I sent his one little photo to Costco so I could frame his adorable face!

That pretty much catches us up to now. So now we wait, we wait for more photos, we wait for an update, we wait to see a video, we wait to visit him, and we wait to bring him home. You get the point.

0 comments: