Friday, January 30, 2009

Can you help this picture?

This is one of my most favorite pictures of us with Kobe. Here's the scene ~ It was June and our first trip to meet the little cutie pie and it was EARLY (anything before noon is EARLY to me) and we were getting ready to leave to have our appointment at the US Embassy in Port au Prince. We wanted to get a photo of us with the boy as proof that we both had spent time with him in Haiti - that way we get the good Visa. So we got our picture but then someone brought out this old polaroid film and we figured we might as well use it and we got this gorgeous picture of our family. I TREASURE this shot. But the polaroid came out funky because it was old - does anyone know how to restore something like this?

10 comments:

Beth said...

I don't know. :o(

But it is SUCH a great picture!! :o)

Kerry said...

sorry I dont know either, I hope someone can help as this is a great photo.

Eastiopians said...

My mom had an old photo of she and my dad restored at Walgreens. It was very faded with scratch marks on it. The restoration was fantastic...they had it done in color and black & white.

ts said...

Hey lady, I can work on it for you!
Let me see what I can do.

Tamia

Kristi said...

Tamia - If you can help this photo I would love you forever!! I have worked on it with my limited abilities in Photoshop, IPhoto, and a few other little things with nothing.

Thank you so much for giving it a try!!!

Tifanni said...

C'mon Kristi-If you can't fix it, what chance to we have :)

AprilC said...

It looks you are a nice 50's family the way it is....when I first saw it I thought you had photoshopped it that way.

ts said...

Ok, I spent a few hours on it today and it can't be fixed by me! So sorry! The actual photo is missing so much "information" that its not possible to repair. (At least not by me, there might be a real professional who can fix it.) Soon you will have hundreds of photos with the three of you together!
Sorry again!

Kristi said...

Thank you so so much for trying Tamia!!

T and T Livesay said...

I am cruising your blog and I wanted to tell you that one of the board members for Chances for Children is a super-cool guy that I really respect a lot! I am amazed you got IBESR approval so fast (I know it did not seem fast - I get it) and hope that the rest of the process speeds by. We went into IBESR 12 months ago and we hear nothing but crickets. :(

Your son is a total babe!