Saturday, March 14, 2009

Labor of Love!!!

First of all my dad is amazing!!! He's the best dad in the whole world! He made Kobe's bed. It's been a year in the process but is finally in Kobe's room ready for Kobe to sleep in it. So here are some pictures from the process:

First he made the under dresser and drawers.

Then he made the head board and foot board and fitted it to the under dresser.
Then he stained it and hauled it to our house - it took two trucks!
After bringing the bed in the house and putting it together he screwed a few braces in to keep everything in place.

Then in family tradition he signed the bed: "Sweet Dreams Kobe ~ Grandpa Allen ~ 3-1-09"
Then the bed was made with great care.

And his room is officially ready.

8 comments:

Tifanni said...

Oh my gosh. Your dad is awesome. That bed is adorable, and how cool will it be to show Kobe how Grandpa wishes him sweet dreams :)

Stephanie said...

Wow, that is AWESOME!!

Melissa said...

That is such an amazing bed!!! Your dad is going to make an amazing grandpa to Kobe.

Kerry said...

AMAZING, Kobe has the best Grandpa ever! He is very talented, and the bed is perfect.

He is going to be so spoilt!! I love it:)

Dominique said...

The picture of him signing it actually made me cry. You really do have an incredible father.


Dominique C.
(Bernie's mom)

Lori said...

I'm also tearing up at this. It's so amazing that he would put that together for him. It's a wonderful talent and it will be a family treasure for years to come.

Sweet dreams, Kobe!

Tammie E said...

What a wonderful gift! I also got teary on the signature picture! What a lucky boy to have such a sweet grandpa!

Tairah said...

Tyson just told me " I wish I could have a bed like that." It is Awsome!