Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Will it ever end??????

Documents shmockuments I am so sick of this paper chase I could scream or cry whatever happens first.

We now have to get proof of "cohabitation" preferably ten years worth - yes for those of you who know me that would mean Nate and I moved in together when I was 16 - you cradle robber Nate. And no we did not live together then - so I happened to find a rental agreement from 2002 - thank you Nate for missing that on one of your "throw everything in sight away" whirlwinds.

AND

We have to provide a doctors letter - notarized. Since it took nearly 2 months to get the first one I'm proud to say that I called the doctors office last Friday and the NOTARIZED letter is being mailed to me today. I won't get my hopes up until I see it was done correctly. The first letter basically said that we had no communicable diseases and this letter says who knows what but it's apparently extremely important.

Both of these documents have to be notarized, authenticated, and translated which (parden my sarcasm) could take another 5 months (I honestly have no idea how long this could take)

I have officially lost hope that our baby will be home before he turns 2. It may have been unrealistic to hope for his homecoming before we ring in 2009 but I was hopeful, and now I'm not.

I always like to look at the bright side so on the bright side the counter on the top says we get to leave for Haiti in 17 days - that is really really good news.

5 comments:

Nate21 said...

Trissers,

I know you have lost hope, but just remember all of the love you will give Kobe when he does come home!
He is the luckiest baby in the world, and you are going to be the best mom!
I love you!
Nate

Kerry said...

Nate you are so sweet! you made my eyes tear up, give Kristi a big hug from me. I feel for the both of you and pray to god everything speeds up for you.

Kristi keep smiling, i can only imagine how hard it is for you, but it will all be perfect when little Kobe Dorcheus walks into his house for the first time. We love you all very much!!!

Tammie E said...

Nate and Kristi,
Don't give up! I know it feels like forever but when the day to bring Kobe home is FINALLY here it really will seem like he has always been at home with you and the wait won't matter any more. Keep up the faith and hope.

Julie said...

Kristi,

I feel your pain. I really do. I remember going through the exact same garbage trying to get Noah here, and although I know it's little consolation to you right now, Kobe will will come home and all of this will be mostly forgotten. Each document that you submit (and resubmit and resubmit) means you are one hoop closer to his homecoming. Noah has only been here for six months and I can honestly say that most of the pain of getting him here is a very distant memory.

On a positive note, when we tell Noah all about our efforts to bring him home, he will know for a fact that we loved him and wanted him. Kobe has no clue what is happening all around him right now, but someday he will know his story and what a great comfort it will be to him when he realizes that you loved him before you ever really knew him.

Keep your chin up and try to think about your trip. How exciting will that be??!? I am excited for you.

Thomas said...

Kristi,
I am so bummed for you that you have to supply even more stuff. When did all this come up? Anyway, just know that at least your file is being looked at and not just lying around somewhere gatherin dust. Keep your chin up and we'll see you in 2 weeks!!!!!
G