Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's update time again!

We received our monthly update from the creche today! Kobe was not walking as of December 27th but he appears to be walking in the photos from Granny Bin, so between December 27th and January 4th he started walking....

It says he is friendly and jovial. Tries to play with all kinds of toys and develops much from observation...mommy translation~ Kobe is one smart cookie!! Sorry shameless plug for my son there. It says he has a good appetite and eats extremely well. Yes it really says extremely although my first thought was yeahhhh look at his photos he's not going hungry! Also he is generally healthy.

Now to the document part of the update...this gets pretty exciting so I'm typing faster and faster just so you know..

Babies birth certificate- CHECK
Babies medical certificate- CHECK
Babies photo ID- CHECK

Ok I'll quit, everything is checked off for Kobe and our file is being authenticated as I type in Haiti!! His paperwork is waiting to meet up with ours at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. So think positively, hold your breath, and/or cross your fingers and toes but we are headed into the longest waiting part soon~ IBESR. Do what you have to do but please send good wishes our way for a SPEEDY trip through IBESR.

I am feeling incredibly impatient this week. It's the first time I have woken up thinking this waiting is not fun anymore. So I'm trying desperately to busy myself with more activities to get our house ready for Kobe. What's fun is I know two people who are expecting to deliver babies at any moment and they and their families are as impatient as I am!! So hopefully I can hold their babies soon and that will tide me over until we can visit Haiti. Everyone knows that I just like to hold babies, doesn't matter who's baby and everyone at my work knows I'm a baby HOG. I'll admit it I hog the babies when they come in to visit, I do and I will also HOG Kobe when he is home.

0 comments: