Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Why I Blog!

This is so off the topic of this particular blog. First read this article from Adoptive Families Magazine.... http://www.adoptivefamilies.com/articles.php?aid=1323

So why do I blog? No, it’s not because I have too much time on my hands as people have so nicely commented. I blog because it’s fun. I am excited to be adopting and it helps me sort out all the steps of Haiti adoption. If you haven’t been though international adoption I could see how it would seem silly to have all these steps to go through. In fact the most popular question I get is why does it take so long? We are working with two governments the US and Haiti. We have to go through the steps to bring our baby home; there is no way around it! That’s like saying to a pregnant woman; why does it take nine months? It just does. So back to why I blog, I like to think that by blogging I am doing something to help bring my son home. Now that my part of the paperwork is done I need something to keep my sanity while I wait. So I have busied myself with painting Kobe’s room, filling in his baby book, and blogging. And of course I have folded and re-folded those adorable Bronco jammies we got while in Denver. Someday Kobe is going to read through the posts I save from this blog and he’ll roll his eyes and say “mom you are such a dork” but until then I am going to enjoy the adoption process and keep blogging!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog means everything to me while I wait for my first grandchild to arrive. I look at it daily not only to check for updates but to admire how handsome my grandson is! Keep typing, it helps us both wait. And by the way, those Bronco's jammies are sooo cute! Just don't wear them out folding and refolding them!