Thursday, January 24, 2008

OUCH!

We went today and got our shots/pills for our trip to Haiti. We are *hoping* to go in June, but for all you optimistic ones have NO intentions what-so-ever of bringing Kobe home in June although not ruling it out in yet another effort of REALLY positive thinking. I had to get a tetanus shot and it hurts!!!! I haven't had one since I was 6 almost BUT NOT QUITE twenty years ago. It's my little secret how I made it through three different colleges (all of which require an updated tetanus shot) without getting one!!! But the point is not that my arm hurts but that A) we must be going somewhere COOL if we have to get shots to go there and B) we get to see our little boy in a few months time!!! Wow what a ride this adoption is. You have these kind of incredible highs and I'm sure some real lows too. But I'm ok with it. It's like a big long roller coaster and who doesn't love a good roller coaster?

EDIT: After re-reading this I realize it sounds like I'm saying getting shots is an incredible high....not so much. Being this much closer, even if it is a millemeter, to visiting our baby really is a high many people will never experience in a lifetime.

1 comments:

AprilC said...

Hey Kristi, by the way, the tetanus shot area is sore for a few days after! Sorry for the bad news! Hope you travel in June!

April