Tuesday, October 7, 2008

September Update!

Our September update was delivered quite promptly into my email yesterday. Kobe is doing well, still friendly, still healthy, still in IBESR - the first step of many.

Now for a moment here I am going to do something I have not done on my blog I'm going to pour my heart out - WE are so sad to still be in IBESR, sad does not even begin to explain how our hearts feel that Kobe is not anywhere near coming home. It's hard - adoption is HARD - but it is also a huge blessing because we have a son. Even if he is not home yet and will not be home for awhile we have a son who is loved more than we could have imagined loving another human. He is our son - maybe not legally yet - but he's ours.

Please I am asking/begging do not ask how it's going. I am on the verge of a whole lot of tears and it just won't be pretty. Please when I do tell you we are still in IBESR do not launch into a "how can they do that to the kids?" I don't know I don't have the answers but it's part of the process and it's just best that we follow the rules and bring Kobe home when we can. I am not speaking directly to any one person it's just that the majority of people say this and it sticks the knife into our hearts deeper. We have a lot of questions that don't have answers, but for now we are going to keep going and keep asking our questions and soon we will have Kobe home for everyone to meet him. He is such a cool kid. I cannot wait to introduce him to everyone - and by everyone I mean strangers on the street - just kidding - it's not good to talk to strangers we all know that. But seriously you will all know when something happens believe me, I will be telling the whole entire world, even strangers. Take comfort in knowing that when Kobe comes home or is even signed out of IBESR - you will know.

13 comments:

Kerry said...

Glad to hear my Nephew is doing good, No picture yet? We need pictures!

AprilC said...

K - you rock...stay strong...we may be the four musketeers...just know you have three here routing for you day in and day out and not a day goes by that we (all three of us) are not hoping for your news also. I will be waiting for my musketeer email!

Kelsen Family said...

Kristi,
I so understand how you feel and I will be praying for you. You are an amazing woman and you do such a great job staying focused on the positive. I think it is good to let it all hang out once in a while.:) It rejuvenates us and gets us through! Hang in there!!

Tifanni said...

Kristi,
Hang in there. I know you guys have had to deal with alot of crap lately, but it will pass. Before we came out, I had just about given up hope, but your day will come, and we will all be here to celebrate with you :)

Stephanie said...

Thinking of you ... that today might be the day for your file to move into the next step!

Salzwedel Family said...

Haiti adoption is so hard. Praying for good news soon.

dreamingBIGdreams said...

Yes it is so hard. I feel your pain and we are in the same boat as you guys. It just plain sucks sometimes. We've been in IBESR since april. Counting down the weeks and hoping we get out!

:)Jamie

Mary said...

Just found your blog... have to agree that this whole process just SUCKS sometimes! It's ok if you have to hide for a while. Well meaning people have no idea that they are pouring (or should I say "dumping") salt on an open wound. Hang in there... there's lot of us that feel your pain. :-)

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn S. said...

Aww, I wish I could give ya a hug.

Tammie E said...

Oh Kristi! I'm sorry you're hurting. I know your pain and I think of you often. Your little Kobe is lucky to have you and Nate.

Eastiopians said...

I have tagged you! You can find the "rules" on my blog. Play if you would like. I hope you have a great week!

P.S-So glad you get to go back to see your son so soon! Be safe and have fun!

Theresa

Eastiopians said...

I meant to add that I have tagged you to help you keep your mind off of the wait (like that is possible, but hopefully maybe just for a few minutes at least). I am so glad Kobe has you as his momma! You're heart is so full for him and it shows!