Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What a difference a year makes!!

One year ago today something happened that would change our lives forever! Something that we had been waiting for - for a very long time. Do you know what it is?


We were matched with sweet adorable little Kobe Loudince. We got that call and could hardly believe our ears. We saw that photo of him for the very first time and it was truly love at first sight. At that moment I didn't know I could ever love him more than I did right then. Then I met him and I loved him even more. Now when people ask if I have children there is no hesitation I say YES!! I keep loving this sweet little boy more and more every single day. I can't believe how much he has changed in the last year and I can't wait to see how much he changes in the coming years.

Here he is - then:
My handsome baby - this photo was taken at the transition house in Port au Prince sometime between Sept 23rd and October 15th - 2007. He was 8 months old.


Here he is - now:
My adorable, playful, happy, and so much more little boy. This was taken while playing with his daddy at the Creche on June 16, 2008.

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh my, i cant believe how much he has changed in a year. He is so cute, i just love looking at his sweet face.

Masie and Taylor say they want to keep him, but they will settle for him being their cousin.

We cant wait for the pictures of him playing with his cousins for the first time.

You have so many wonderful stages and moments coming your way with this guy, i cant wait to meet him.

Thomas said...

Wow, what a change he has gone thru. He is so much more a little boy than a baby. And I like his hair much better now than in his first photo. Uffda, that was a lot of hair. He is so handsome and I totally get why he is the apple of your eye.

Kristi said...

I absolutely LOVE his hair in the baby picture. LOVE IT. It's in little twists and I can't wait for him to come home so I can do it like that.

I know he looks like a little boy now and it makes me really really sad but I guess it happens.

Tifanni said...

Wow, Kobe has grown so much. I can't beleive how big he was when he came to the creche. You are destined to have a football player on your hands :)

Tammie E said...

What a doll baby! I remember that first picture and I can't wait to see him in person. I loved this post. Very sweet!

Tracy said...

What an amazing difference in the two photos. He has the sweetest face. He looks like he is fun and happpy little boy!

Salzwedel Family said...

He certainly has a spark in his eyes in the more recent photo. I guess playing with your daddy will do that to do boy. He is precious!