Friday, May 22, 2009

A Good News Wake Up Call!!

I woke up this morning to an email from USCIS Haiti that said we are approved!!! I cried. Instantly. Then pulled myself together!! We still don't have a date to travel but I'm certain it will be soon.

What's next? Our file is passed on to the consulate where Lou Lou will have his Visa appointment - then a day or two later the director will pick up the Visa. Once it is in her hand we will be allowed to travel.

Last weekend we went to the closest big "city" (LOL I guess you could call it that) and shopped 'til we dropped for clothes for the little bambino. He is going to be the cutest kid ever!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS K!!!! Oh, and he already IS the cutest kid ever!!!

Salzwedel Family said...

That is great news! I love homecomings.

Tifanni said...

Oh Kristi,
I"m so excited for you. Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am SO excited for you guys! :o)

Lori said...

WHEE-HAH!! I'm so excited for you all! can't wait for your little man to get home!!

Come on paperwork! Move!

Daniela said...

What a wonderful way to wake up on a Friday :-) You are in the home stretch now!

Kerry said...

I have tears in my eyes, this is just what we have all been waiting for. This is CRAZY I am so excited! I love that boy so much, I cant wait to hold him, kiss him, and have him play with his cousins.

Yahoooooo, Lou is coming home!!!!!!!

Eastiopians said...

This is it! I have been looking for some rockin-good news on my b-day, and this is it!! I am thrilled for you! Can't wait to see him home with you guys this Summer...bring on the playground, kiddie pool, slip-n-slide, water toys, etc! Fun! :)

Theresa

The Bergstedt's said...

Yea!!! It is so close now! Keep us posted on the time line.

Tammie E said...

It is real now isn't it? I am so very happy for you! I decided for us, that phone call is equal to your water-breaking:) It makes the reality sink in fast! And makes you so excited you could pee your pants!!!!!;) Congratulations!

Tammie E said...

P.S. - Your list is all check off!!!! Woo-Hoo!