Sunday, May 10, 2009

So when is he coming home?

We just don't know yet. I know you all want to know - and so do we! Nate and I have learned over the course of this adoption that it's unpredictable so we don't know yet when Kobe will be home but we are fairly certain it will be soon!

The other day I told Nate that since we were not out of MOI yet that we should probably prepare ourselves to spend the majority of the summer without Lou. Because that is what it takes mental preparation or as my dad would say we had to do our mental psyching. It's what you do to brace yourself for a major let down. What we got instead was thrilling news.

I'm really weird when I get good news on the phone - I felt much like I did when Vivian called oh so long ago with our referral. My world kind of spins and on the inside I feel like I need to jump up and down and scream and cry but on the outside I stay fairly calm but pace around a little bit. In this case I paced my office at work and my face turned bright red from excitement.

So in an effort to keep our "mental psyching" over the last two years we have refrained from buying clothing, toys, and filling our yard with kid stuff. Kobe is our first child and it would be quite depressing for us to have a yard full of toys and nobody to play with. Not to mention we wouldn't get anything done because we would be playing on the toys ourselves, anyway what I'm trying to say is that today I present to you the swing set - go big or go home baby because when we do kid toys we skip the small stuff...Thanks Papa and Granny for helping us finish this monster - if Nate and I kept going at the pace we were Kobe would be long graduated from college by the time we got it done!

PS: Yes as a matter of fact Nate and I were swinging and sliding all afternoon, ya know - to make sure it's safe and sturdy. It is.

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Well of course you had to test it to see if it was safe, I would have done the same thing. Im sure in the next few weeks it might need testing again, just to make sure:)

You did a great job putting it together, it looks brilliant. Oh and you and Nate still look happy,lol.

Tifanni said...

The swing set is very cool, and I'm glad that you guys have been working hard at "quality control" just to make sure that its perfect for Kobe :)

Lori said...

Love it, Love it, Love it! Not long now until it's finally done and he's here and you're swinging on it together.

I completely get the "let's not buy stuff just yet" but I'm thrilled for you that it's closing in and that gorgeous little boy will be swinging in the yard while you watch from the kitchen window as you load the dishwasher.

Awesome!

Eastiopians said...

He is going to have SO much fun on his playground!!! I can't wait to see him on it....you guys are so close!

The Bergstedt's said...

Oh ya. Now that's a play ground big enough for visitors! We'll be coming over... soon. :)