Tuesday, June 2, 2009

And then there were two...

Five kids left today to go home with their families! It was awesome to watch them leave. I got a bit teary watching Darline pull her gorgeous suitcase out the door. I took a ton of photos for the families and they waved at me as they drove off. So that leaves Nate and I, we decided we feel a little like we've been stranded on a tropical (very tropical - hot, humid...) island. We visited last year in June, June 16th- 20th to be exact and it was nothing like this time - it was totally bearable. This time it's HOT!! If anyone is wanting to deliver something to me please get on the next flight out and bring a cheeseburger and ice cold Dr. Pepper.

Here is a small update for some families:

Emmi- Is doing WONDERFUL!!! She is so smiley and giggly, she knows exactly who you are and said she loves you. She knows Mama, Papa, JJ, Willy, and Sierra and says all your names.

Peterson & Alder - Put anything that could be gotten into or broken in your house up HIGH, Peterson loves to get into things. Alder hangs out and is a pretty laid back dude. Both are doing very well and the first thing he told me was that he and Lou are friends I think. It was in Creole but he pointed at Lou, they both smiled, and then Peterson hugged Lou.

Wiguerson & Ronese- For Wiguerson read the above on Peterson, he loves to push the limits and is a total boy! He and Dounelson play together a lot and have been playing with a frisbee most of the afternoon. Ronese is quiet but I have caught her smile but she wipes it away as soon as she knows I'm looking. She didn't want me to pick her up but let me rub her back and deliver a kiss on her forehead "from Mama and Papa"

4 comments:

Eastiopians said...

You have me in tears over Darlene and her suitcase! I will be in tears to see Kobe come home too!

Tifanni said...

Kristi
Thank you so much on your update of our boys. That is so cute how our little guys are friends. And seriously, I didn't know that it could get any hotter in Haiti then it was last June-Wow :)

Melissa said...

It is fun to hear about D finally coming home! Thanks for keeping us at home posted. I wish I could bring you a cheeseburger and Icy Dr. Pepper!!! Just have the driver run through a drive thu tomorrow on the way to the airport, ha ha ha. Can't wait to hear when Little Lou is a new US citizen! Keep posting!

The Bergstedt's said...

Thank you so much for the news. So sorry about the heat. I have been worried about that. Hang in there and be prepared, today's high was 54.
Hope little Lou has a coat. :)