Monday, June 1, 2009

In Haiti!

We are in Haiti! It's like an oven down here and hot humid oven that makes you miserable and sticky. But we don't care because our boy was waiting for us with a HUGE smile! He keeps saying MAMA!!! PAPA!!!! We sing "Old McDonald had a farm..." and he sings "E-I-E-I -YO!!" We have it on video and I can guarantee it will be YouTubed in the near future. Tomorrow the rest of the group leaves so we will be all by ourselves for the rest of the week. Lou is super attached to us and refused to let us leave him for a bath so we had to give him a bath and now he's eating his second dinner. He's so smart he knows his colors, his alphabet, and can count to ten!

Well I'm going to keep this short because someone is waiting to do actual work for the creche on the computer...what I hear right now is Lou saying "PAPA" "PAPA" -- he wants to eat again. Oh he just walked up and said "MAMA" and showed me his food in his mouth...how sweet!

10 comments:

Chan said...

Good feeling Kristy!

Annie, Alexandro mom.

Granny Deb said...

So happy you are safe, happy, and bringing our boy home soon! Give him hugs and smooches for me!

Tifanni said...

So Sweet.
I"m glad you made it safely and Nate only has one Haitian car ride left to survive :)

Lori said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I've been thinking about you guys all day and wondering how things were going. Thank you for taking the time to post. I'm so glad that he was so happy to see you. I can hardly wait for you to get him HOME. Congrats again, Mama!

Kerry said...

I have been blog stalking all day, great post. Lou sounds so sweet, I hope you have alot of food in the house,lol.

Cant wait to hear the E-I-E-I-O clip.

dreamingBIGdreams said...

I love hearing that you are there with him!
;)Jamie

Dominique said...

So excited for you guys, Kristi!!! This is really amazing!

Jen said...

Kristi,

What a blessing to hear Momma and papa. How sweet is the sound. I went in June and it was super hot also. I'm glad everything is going great for you!

Laurie said...

Congratuations I am so happy for all of you. Have a great time getting to know your son & finding your new normal.

Eastiopians said...

Finally, a trip that doesn't end in you having to say good-bye to him...this time he goes with you guys! Thank God! I am thrilled that he is so attached to you...that is a plus with adopting from Haiti. We will not have that with Ethiopia...our daughter will have to leave with strangers, us. But every adoption journey is different with pain and happiness (you have definitely been through the pain), and I am so glad that you have reached the really happy part! I imagine that it will be hard to see him leave his country, the nannies, his friends...but what he has waiting for him at home will nourish his body and soul so much more!