Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happiness and Sadness

There is clearly some sadness in our house today. Little Lou is just not his normal self - I tried showing him some photos of his friend and he just points and cries. He misses them. I don't blame him one bit. This kind of change is hard on a little guy. He has fun and is so happy then it's almost as if the memories flood his mind because he gets very quiet and just spaces out. At nap he was crying hysterically and all I could do was hold him. Poor baby. Since I don't have the language to express to him that it's ok for him to be sad I just have to show him with my love and body language that it's ok and he's safe and loved oh so much.

He's laying quietly in his bed right now - I hope he is able to fall asleep and have a good rest. He's got so much going on in his little life right now.

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Poor little baby, it must be so hard for him. It will get easier for him, it will be lovely when you get to do meet up with some of his friends that have gone home.

Melissa said...

:-(

Tammie E said...

You're doing good Lou and so are you Lou's mommy! Love will work.

ts said...

Oh boy-I am sorry, its so hard to see your kid crying and hurting. I know A. had a hard time the first week, just being sad at moments and shut down a little. Don't worry though, he'll be ok. Just take it day by day.

Eastiopians said...

Good for you for expressing yourself through body language and affection! It's the best thing you can do right now. Don't get discouraged...you can't erase his pain but you can be there to hold him through it. *hug for mommy*

Theresa