Wednesday, June 18, 2008

He likes it he likes it not....

Kobe is a passionate boy, let me tell ya. This is a man on a mission he knows what he wants and nothing will stop him from getting it.

He Likes:

Peanuts
Raisins
Beans
Rice
Water
Most food in general (yes crayons is a food group)
Licking everything (quite disgusting)

He Dislikes:

M&M's
Being told no
Sharing his "I-Pod"

He's a funny boy today, very active. I can see how he is the big chief around here, everyone knows him. An auntie told me today that "Loudince Mama does him good" - I think she was trying to say it's obvious he is enjoying having his mama and papa here.

In other news we enjoyed the ox cart ride today. It was pretty fun - not my favorite mode of transportation but all in all it was pretty cool to get out and see the sights. We took a ton of photos and video. It was market day so the marketplace was packed! Lots of people were walking up the road. The Haitian children are so beatiful and got a kick out of posing for photos and then looking at them on my camera. As we were riding past different homes the little kids would yell to each other in Kreyol and come running and waving. It was pretty cool.

Last night the children put on a little dance for us and it was really adorable. They all did so well. And after the dance they would strut their stuff to music and then shout out the color of the little basket they were holding. "THIS IS OR-A-NGE" in their cute little accents. I of course video-ed the whole thing!!

We filed our form in Port Au Prince yesterday that was an experience, and Nate drove in Haiti!! I (of course) video-ed it. For those of you who will never see the video, he drove three feet backwards and to drive in Haiti takes MAD SKILLS!!!

Ok I'm off to play with my baby!!!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

That was a great update, it sounds like you are doing brilliant. Kobe sounds like a little Darling but know what he wants. It sounds like he is enjoying having you their, what an experince dojng all of this.

Melissa said...

Tell Nate that I am impressed that he drove in Haiti and lived to tell about it! Good luck with the rest of you trip. I can't wait to hear your stories!

AprilC said...

So nice to talk to you over the internet tonight...glad you are doing great!

Stephanie said...

Would you mind sharing your experience about filing in person in Haiti? We fly over for our first visit on April 19 and will be doing this as well. Were you able to make an appointment prior to traveling? (If I asked you this before, please forgive me - I am trying to track down those who have done it recently to get as much information as possible!) GOD bless, Stephanie