Monday, June 23, 2008

Story of Meeting Kobe Loudince - Monday & Tuesday at the Creche

Wow! What a week we've had. Meeting our son for the very first time was pretty cool. Nate and I decided it felt like we were in Haiti for a month but it seemed to go so fast, it's like some sort of strange time warp. So this is our story, I'll throw in some photos to keep you interested.



We went to Haiti with a lot of baggage!



It was so fun to meet Kobe for the very first time. He was pretty overwhelmed by it all and cried at first but who could blame him? Nate held him first and we were both so excited to see him and touch him. I couldn't stop hugging him and kissing him. When I held him in my arms it felt so real to be his mommy!



I'm not sure who held on tighter, me or him.



On Tuesday I woke up to a smiling happy baby. He was still a little unsure of why we were still there and he was sleeping in our room. I took him out to the common area and he and I sat together alone and woke up a little. There was a gecko on the wall and he went totally wild trying to get me to look, when I finally did he laughed so hard. Later I found out that to see a gecko is good luck.



Thanks for the cutie jammies Jill - his diaper buns were so adorable in them!!

By the end of Tuesday he knew who mama and papa were and called us that few times. He was also very attached to us and extremely possessive.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for Wednesday and Thursday.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

It sounds lovely, he took to you very quickly so that must of felt real nice. He is such a cutie, i cant wait for you to bring him home!

Tammie E said...

What a doll! I'm so glad it went well and you are home safely.

Ashlee said...

It just gives me chills... How awesome!