Tuesday, June 3, 2008

How does it feel to know you're about to meet your baby?

I've waited my whole life to be a mom - no really - just ask my mom! Being matched with our baby boy was pretty cool and planning a trip to meet him has been interesting. We are only a short time away from being in Haiti and meeting him. I'm not sure what it feels like for parents in the delivery room when their baby is born but I'm pretty sure this is completely different. We have seen his sweet face, his smile, his eyes - we know so much about him. I have gone through feeling anxious to get the trip booked, I've been excited to go to Haiti, I've been super excited to meet him to the point where I just don't think I can focus on anything but my daydreams of what it will be like.

As of yesterday I'm so nervous, it's not even funny, like very first rotary basketball game when I was in 3rd grade nervous - thinking about it makes my stomach a ball of nerves. It does feel real now - we have a son and we are about to meet him for the very first time, I can't wait, but I'm so nervous!!!

I have never, in all my life, been so excited!

5 comments:

Kerry said...

You have no idea how excited i am for you right now, it is the most wonderful experience you are about to live through. Going to meet your son for the first time! the feelings and emotions you must be going through is amazing. Kobe is going to meet his Mommy and Daddy, how brilliant is that.

I just cant wait to see pictures of you all together!!!

Tammie E said...

Kristi,
I know the heart and stomach flutters you're feeling and I'm feeling them for you. I am so excited for you to meet Kobe but even more excited for Kobe to meet you and Nate. He needs his Mommy and Daddy and he doesn't even know that you're almost there! Yeah for Kobe!!!!!!!!!

Tammie E said...

Your counter is down to single digits!!!!! Yeah you!

Kelsen Family said...

I have biological children and adopted children both. My experience is it felt the same to me. The first day I met all three of our adopted children was like seeing our biological children for the first time. I'm not sure if everyone has felt this way, but it is the most exciting time of your life. One you will NEVER forget! I'm so so happy for you!

chris p said...

I can only imagine what you and Nate are feeling at this present time excited nervous maybe even a little bit scared, but i'm pretty sure once you see and hold kobe for the very first time it will be the same feeling that evey new mum and dad has.